When I announced a slight delay in posting this contest I reported that I just moved from Maryland to Massachusetts, the fifth and sixth states I’ve lived in.
This contest is pretty simple. List each of the states you’ve lived in. Next to the state, in no more than five words name one of your favorite or interesting features of that state. It can be a place, characteristic (e.g., climate), historic fact, etc. Here’s my list:
- Nebraska: The only unicameral, non-partisan legislature
- Pennsylvania: Sweetest place on earth (hersheys.com/chocolateworld)
- Wisconsin: Circus City (circusworldbaraboo.org)
- New York: Finger Lakes wineries
- Maryland: The National Aquarium (aqua.org)
- Massachusetts: Museum of Contemporary Art (massmoca.org)
Web links or addresses enabling Forum members to explore your states are encouraged; they don’t count towards the five-word limits.
The contest closes at midnight on September 30. I’ll draw a winning entry at random. Since this is my fifth annual September giveaway I thought it appropriate to give away a prize with plenty of “fives” in it: