,
 



PMG is the Official Grading Service of the Paper Money Forum
,
LochNESS Show full post »
 
boimre1972


Quote:
I don't know what she did, but whatever it is, I'd do the same thing for that pile of notes... gotta be at least $50k in current value notes there.




She did nothing. Her husband agreed to kill his boss, a mobster, and that was his pay, as well as some money in the boss' cash register.
Quote 0
PipestonePete
The introduction to "To Kill a Mockingbird". Two Indian Head Cents are included in the box and are the focus of an important scene in the movie.

Quote 0
RoadkingUSA

Hell on Wheels latest episode.





Quote 0
TennesseeNationals
That last pic has me puzzled. Side facing portrait. Roman numeral V.

Gotta be a Hollywood fantasy note.
Quote 0
RoadkingUSA


Quote:
That last pic has me puzzled. Side facing portrait. Roman numeral V.

Gotta be a Hollywood fantasy note.





Yep!! should be a $20
Quote 0
Flash
I see a bison note in the mix, also.




Quote:
Another great Boardwalk Empire "money shot".

I spy a Porthole, a Pokerchip, and some gold certs among the spread.



Quote 0
Tookybandit
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Quote 0
ckrakowski
In THE BABE starring John Goodman as he is driving a car trying to get a women's attention he says here kids go buy something nice and he hands them a 1899 black eagle and if you pause it just right you can see he has a 1914 bill as well.


In the 2012 remake of The Philadelphia Experiment the guy who travels through time asks a waitress some questions as he is leaving he gives her a 1923 porthole note and on the back you can see the fiver silver dollars of the 1886 five dollar bill. as he gives it to her she says are you sure you want to spend this and you can see in his wallet he has a few more..



Quote 0
boimre1972


Quote:
In THE BABE starring John Goodman as he is driving a car trying to get a women's attention he says here kids go buy something nice and he hands them a 1899 black eagle and if you pause it just right you can see he has a 1914 bill as well.


In the 2012 remake of The Philadelphia Experiment the guy who travels through time asks a waitress some questions as he is leaving he gives her a 1923 porthole note and on the back you can see the fiver silver dollars of the 1886 five dollar bill. as he gives it to her she says are you sure you want to spend this and you can see in his wallet he has a few more..




Have you the ability to capture a still picture from these? Nice find on both!
Quote 0
ckrakowski


Quote:


Have you the ability to capture a still picture from these? Nice find on both!




here is the 1899 black eagle from the babe.


Quote 0
ckrakowski
here is the front of the 1914 bill.







back of the 1914 bill. any guesses on what bill it is. i think it is either the 10 or 20.

Quote 0
ckrakowski
From The Philadelphia Experiment remake. this is his wallet.





this is the back of the one he gives the waitress.





the front of the bill he gives to the waitress.




the one he gives to the waitress and the one in his wallet are different bills. so he had 2 of them and gave 1 away.
Quote 0
MEC2
Needless to say, that front doesn't go with that back...
Quote 0
TennesseeNationals


Quote:
Needless to say, that front doesn't go with that back...




In the wallet pic, it's a modern wallet. The "horseblanket" would not fit. Much too small.
Quote 0
MEC2
Yep, that said, how great would that Five Morgan back have looked on a Porthole front?
Quote 0
bonkrood
.$1000 bills in "Who's Harry Crumb".
Quote 0
amrys






Wow, I know this movie so long but I have forgotten about the $1000 notes (although Crumb "counts" them...



But I remember another movie where I saw the first $1000 notes ever, although from a distance:

The Cincinnati Kid
Quote 1
bonkrood
Quote 0
Cody71086
From the Three Stooges short "Pop Goes the Easel" (1935) You can see the building for Charter #5927 The Citizens National Trust & Savings Bank of Los Angeles, CA.


stooges.jpg 


Quote 5
mfontes
That’s really cool Cody. Good eye.
Quote 0
Cody71086
From the Laurel and Hardy short Come Clean (1931) when Stan and Ollie go to the ice cream shop Ollie pays with a $5 LT note.
IMG_6927 2.jpg  IMG_6927.jpg 
Quote 0
Numbersman
Quote 2
mfontes
I’m watching The Food that Built America and Milton Hersey hands John Schmalbach a note from his wallet. I had to rewind and take a look at the note...  it’s period correct too.

22CBDFC5-10FE-4C07-987E-54656DFFCB9D.jpeg 
Quote 0
Cody71086
From the great Harold Lloyd film "Safety Last" (1923)

A Black Eagle..
Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 6.38.50 PM.png 
And 3 Merc Dimes, 1 Barber, and 1 unidentified.
Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 5.36.36 PM.png 
Quote 0
 
Forum Sponsors

 
 

,