,
 



PMG is the Official Grading Service of the Paper Money Forum
,
Constantine Show full post »
 
Steve in Tampa

I can still remember my first large coin/currency show. It was the FUN convention in 2008 or 2009 held here in Tampa. The very first thing I saw after walking through the doors was a dealers table with row after row of $1 modern star packs under glass. I couldn’t quit staring at them and ever since then I’ve always looked for older packs. These are from the Lyn Knight 2020 March Auction. There’s a color difference between the two packs because minor foxing occurs on the top note on some of the older packs, depending on how they’ve been stored.

897A440C-D72D-4788-A061-37507EC4D50B.jpeg  5A0444EC-3105-4D7C-8F5C-F95839F1B993.jpeg 

Quote 1
MEC2
I'd need two pages to post all of my June LK winnings... ugh... first world problems, amirite?
Quote 1
Delistamps
tigertrader wrote:

Blast from the past! Post yours!



Binary, check    Repeaters, check    Radars, check
1 Fancy Serial FRNs Binary Repeater Radar Notes.jpg 


I guess now i need 1, 2  and 3...


Congrats from an underbidder! 
Quote 1
tigertrader


Yes @MEC2, you right! Sounds like you and me may be in the same boat... on this auction(s). I mainly got world stuff:

Scotland Clydesdale Bank Limited 5 Pound 1971 P 205a PMG 67EPQ.jpg 




@Delistamps well you do have good taste! It goes well with my notes below so if you need some of these for a set your working on, PM me. I still need a $5 and $20...

08800880 Radar Flippers $100 $50 $10 Lyn Knight.jpg 

Quote 3
mebid2much
One of my best wins from Lyn Knight years ago. It’s the only UNC of its kind. Click image for larger version - Name: 0C2179E6-8FD0-45AE-9BE5-D817934786F1.png, Views: 62, Size: 3.88 MB Click image for larger version - Name: 97A4D059-0BDF-4680-849E-BEC8A7F5CB12.png, Views: 60, Size: 3.92 MB
Quote 10
MEC2
I think you meant to post this in it's own contest thread @mebid2much...
Quote 2
Steve in Tampa

Wow, phenomenal double denomination Chuck. My hats off to you for that beauty @mebid2much

If you haven’t already, scroll back up and click on that Thumps Up ... this note deserves 100 likes.

Quote 1
element159
Yes, that double denom is awesome. I collect small size $10 by type, and every so often, I am reminded that these double-denoms that are part $10 (I think you have posted several of these!) will be needed to complete the set 🙂
Quote 1
mebid2much
Thank you guys. I have all four known small size double denom in my collection. Three of them were from Lyn Knight. Lyn doesn’t usually have a strong small size in his auctions. But he does have good selections of errors and fancy serial numbers from time to time. 
Quote 1
gnat
Absolutely amazing error note!  😍
Quote 1
TennisCoach
mebid2much wrote:
Thank you guys. I have all four known small size double denom in my collection.


I guess I better not land on Park Place or Boardwalk ðŸ˜‰
Quote 2
element159
mebid2much wrote:
Thank you guys. I have all four known small size double denom in my collection. Three of them were from Lyn Knight. Lyn doesn’t usually have a strong small size in his auctions. But he does have good selections of errors and fancy serial numbers from time to time. 

Aren't they all part $10? I seem to remember that. Therefore, to complete my type set, I need one of all four types. 🙂
That all makes the 1933 SC seem easy-peasy! Unfortunately, I have none of these, at least yet.
Quote 1
tigertrader
Yes that note is epic!

Steve here is a new one to go with your packs:

1 1977 Atlanta STAR Pack 2nd Run.jpg 
Quote 2
tigertrader

Wondering if anyone experienced a similar situation?

I got all my wins and as usual they had the stickers on them with the lot information and such. Usually these are all easily removed and leave no residue. This time about 60% were easily removed and the other 40% seemed to be a totally different sticker that would not come off and ripped apart leaving its remnants on my holders... I am still quite happy with my purchases and I do not want to be petty but after spending an hour removing sticker residue, I am/was a bit annoyed...

Anyone else have this problem?
Quote 0
tigertrader
On the plus side my packs came in those well protected hard plastic/Lucite pack holders. I liked that...
Quote 0
MaineJoe
@tigertrader All of mine were in the easy peel stickers. I figured Lyn saw what HA did and followed suit. Maybe you were unfortunate to get a few of the old ones?
Quote 1
MEC2
Few things aggravate me more than hard peel stickers with residue like a xenomorph...
Quote 1
Norlanalba
tigertrader wrote:

Wondering if anyone experienced a similar situation?

I got all my wins and as usual they had the stickers on them with the lot information and such. Usually these are all easily removed and leave no residue. This time about 60% were easily removed and the other 40% seemed to be a totally different sticker that would not come off and ripped apart leaving its remnants on my holders... I am still quite happy with my purchases and I do not want to be petty but after spending an hour removing sticker residue, I am/was a bit annoyed...

Anyone else have this problem?


My winnings were posted on 6th July and thence took a wayward journey and I only got my notes today - my first thoughts after opening was "jeepers" why the stickers right over the PCGS label - what in Hades were they thinking?

180356.jpg 

My first ploughman £1, now I have to get the other 9 issuing banks - no easy task since Munster & Leinster and Royal Bank of Ireland are quite scarce.  These will fit in well with my Northern Irish notes as before 1927 notes circulated on both sides of the border easily.
Quote 1
 
Forum Sponsors

 
 

,